Saturday, October 6, 2012

Fall Weddings My Brides

Today I had to great pleasure of being the makeup artist for Mrs. Tonya Willams Brown as her makeup artist for her wedding day. Me and my assistant for today from The GlamRUs Staff Shannon Forrest arrived at Greater Mitchell C.O.G.I.C in Detroit, MI . The first room that we were to serve her in was not lit well enough with natural light so we were moved to a room with more windows where the natural light came through  and once in there we set up in record time to service Mrs Williams. Because Tonya and I had not had a trial (which was not really necessary) I asked her only one question about her look and that was would she be ok with a rich color lip and she declined and requested something more softer. Since this was to be an 11 am wedding, I decided for a soft look that would flow well with her beautiful cascading curls. I also choose a lash look that would be show stopping but would not stop the show! and to give her face a little dimension I would do some soft simple contouring. Nothing too over the top for this classy lady (although she is a diva.......)
 Let me just say that Tonya is not only a friend but she was my former supervisor for a few years. She has been a constant encouragement in my makeup career since I have known here and I am most appreciative of that.
The atmosphere was just right and just so awesome as I served her this morning. Now let me share that my pandora NEVER works in church buildings but today it played from the time I walked in until the time I walked out and I had it on the Anthony Evans station and all the most beautiful worship music played and I really just wanted to worship God but I couldnt stop because Tonya had to be ready (tee hee). She was totally in tune with the Lord this morning and the presence of The Holy Spirit was a sweet savor in the room. There were plenty of times that I wanted to put down my brushes and just worship but again,duty called. Tonya was easy to work with and her family was right there by her side happy for her. I was just happy to be there and be in the number as a servant. God bless you First Lady Williams CONGRATULATIONS!!MUAH!!
Here are a few  photos for you to enjoy of of her transformation.....
the products used were
  • BLACK OPAL FOUNDATION STICK  IN TRULY TOPAZ, RICH CARMEL AND NUTMEG
  • TEMTU AIRBRUSH MAKEUP IN #7 & 8
  • BLACK OPAL LOOSE POWDERS IN MEDIUM, DARK AND DEEP AS WELL AS FASHION FAIR LOOSE IN GOLDEN
  • EYES~LID~MAC ALL THE GLITTERS AND NAKED LUNCH, CREASE SADDLE, ORANGE, EMBARK AND HANDWRITTEN BY MAC, UNDER BROW NAKED LUNCH
  • BROWS -EMBARK AND SADDLE
  • EYELINER, LOWER LASH LINE TEDDY BY MAC AND TOP LASH MILANI LIQUID PEN
  • LASHES-747 S LASHES AND 102 DEMI
  • CHEEKS -SLEEK COSMETICS BLUSH BY 3
  • LIPS-CHESTNUT LINER BY MAC, MAC POLITELY PINK LIPS STICK AND VICTORIA SECRET, SLICE OF HEAVEN GLOSS








 

No comments: